Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hydraulic braking system project report pdf

Hydraulic Braking System

A hydraulic braking system transmits the force of the brake pedal to the wheel brakes through the pressurized fluid, turning the fluid pressure into useful braking work on the wheels. A simple single-line hydraulic scheme is shown in Fig. 1 which is used to operate a drum and disc brake system. The brake pedal transmits the stress of the driver's foot to the master cylinder piston, which compresses the brake fluid. This pressure of the fluid is also transmitted through the fluid to the pistons of the front disc clamp and to the rear pistons of the wheel cylinder. In accordance with regulations, a separate mechanical parking brake with at least two wheels must be fitted. This arrangement also allows the driver to stop the vehicle in the event of failure of the hydraulic brake system.

Single line hydraulic braking system

In a hydraulic braking system, the braking force is directly proportional to the ratio between the cross-sectional area of the master cylinder and the cross-sectional areas of the drum wheel cylinder or drum brake. Therefore, these cylinder diameters are suitably chosen to produce the desired braking effect. The cross-sectional areas of the wheel cylinder of the front and rear disc brakes and the brake drum respectively can be chosen to produce the best front-rear braking ratio. Hydraulic fluid is incompressible as long as there is no trapped air in the system. If there is air in the braking circuit, the foot-brake movement becomes spongy. In a hydraulic system, the Friction exists only between cylinder pistons and seals. Friction is caused by the pressure of the fluid that presses the sealing lips against the walls of the cylinder when the piston moves along its stroke. A hydraulic braking system is suitable only for intermittent braking applications, and a separate mechanical coupling must be incorporated for the parking brakes.
The hydraulic system offers the following advantages over the mechanical design, (a) This provides equal braking effort on all wheels. (6) This requires relatively less braking effort to deliver the same output.
© This is a fully compensated system so that each brake receives its full part of the pedal effort.
(D) The efficiency of the hydraulic system is greater than that of the mechanical design.
(E) This system is suitable for vehicles with independent suspension.
(/) It is easy to modify the thrust in the shoe because the force exerted on a piston depends on the area of the piston. The larger the area, the greater the thrust in the trailing shoe, so that a larger piston can be used.

hi my name is mahir. I want the pdf for gtting help in my uni project. I hope a positive reply from you.

[-]
Quick Reply