Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security of web forms full report

[attachment=2756]

Abstract
This paper delivers some basic information about the security of web forms from web bots (robots). Possible threats are described and the article gives a list of some methods which can be used to protect web forms. The emphasis is on the CAPTCHA (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart) method that is most often used method. At the end of paper you can find one implementation of security methods using PHP and MySQL technologies.
Presented By:
Zlatko ovi *, L via Szedmina **
* Polytechnical Engineering College/Department of Informatics, Subotica, Serbia
** Polytechnical Engineering College/Department of Foreign Languages, Subotica, Serbia

I. INTRODUCTION
This paper offers some basic information about the security of web forms. The second part of the paper explains the notion of web bots, their division and possible threats. Following that some methods of protection against web bots will be named, while the fourth section describes the technique of web forms focusing on the Captcha (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart) method. Section five deals with the limitations of the application of the Captcha method. A way to avoid these methods is described in the last section of the paper.

II. WEB BOTS
A. What are web bots?
Internet bots, also known as web robots or simply bots, are applications which start automated processes via Internet. In most cases, bots execute simple structured repeating tasks. This tasks are executing much more times than an average man can do. Bots are used when collecting and feeding data from the Internet. In this process automated scripts seek, analyze and file information from the web server.

i want a seminar report of "captcha for internet security"immediately.please help me.