Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
indian currency recognition system ppt

indian currency recognition system ppt

Automatic detection and recognition of Indian currency note has gained a lot of research attention in recent years particularly due to its vast potential applications. In this paper we introduce a new recognition method for Indian currency using computer vision. It is shown that Indian currencies can be classified based on a set of unique non discriminating features such as color, dimension and most importantly the Identification Mark (unique for each denomination) mentioned in RBI guidelines. Firstly the dominant color and the aspect ratio of the note are extracted. After this the segmentation of the portion of the note containing the unique I.D. Mark is done. From these segmented image, feature extraction is done using Fourier Descriptors. As each note has a unique shape as the I.D. Mark, the classification of these shapes is done with the help of Artificial Neural Network. After feature extraction, the denominations are recognized based on the developed algorithm. The success rate of the proposed system is 97% requiring a processing time of 2.52 seconds.

please i need ppts on Indian currency recognition using matlab