Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ansys friction stir welding tutorial

How To simulate a Friction stir Welding with ANSYS
Friction stir welding (FSW) is a solid-state welding technique that involves the joining of metals without filler materials. A cylindrical rotating tool plunges into a rigidly clamped
workpiece and moves along the joint to be welded. As the tool translates along the joint, heat is generated by friction between the tool shoulder and the workpiece.
Additional heat is generated by plastic deformation of the workpiece material. The generated heat results in thermal softening of the workpiece material. The translation of
the tool causes the softened workpiece material to flow from the front to the back of the tool where it consolidates. As cooling occurs, a solid continuous joint between the
two plates is formed. No melting occurs during the process, and the resulting temperature remains below the solidus temperature of the metals being joined. FSW offers
many advantages over conventional welding techniques, and has been successfully applied in the aerospace, automobile, and shipbuilding industries.

hello
i wan to model fsw by direct analysis usnig by ansys(apdl)but i cant move element of workpice from advancing of shoulder to rear side of shoulder during process. please help me or show me tutorial file
thank you
[email protected]

hi
i am cyrus an i am interested in study of fsw using by ansys in such away i want to use direct coupled analysis for modeling it,please if possible
upload tutorial file
ansys friction stir welding tutorial
[email protected]

[-]
Quick Reply