Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
multi touch technology seminar topic pdf and ppt

Multi touch is unlikely to be alien to you; Every pinch, tap, tap, long press and film on a touch screen is essentially a multi touch gesture.

Not only the touch screens show this behavior; Many laptop track pads support multi touch.
The technology has seen several types of implementations since the 1960s. In its more advanced implementation, the multitouch becomes multi-user video walls and worktables that allow multiple users to interact with the same device.
The most common use of multi touch is on capacitive touch screens, as seen on smartphones and tablets.
Different types of multi-touch technologies
Multi-touch technology can be divided into two main types:
Superposition based - Capacitive touch screens work in accordance with this principle, where the sensors responsible for the multi-touch functions are embedded in the display.
Infrared, acoustical surface, optical and ShadowSense touch screens work according to this principle, where the sensors are located on the perimeter of the screen.
The software stack is also important for detecting multi-tap. The process of converting an entry on the screen to a multi-touch gesture has several stages:
Input hardware layer: Here the input data is collected in the form of video or electrical signals.
Hardware abstraction layer: Input data is processed to generate image coordinates (for example, finger print).
Transform Layer: This layer calibrates the touch screen so that image data (printing) can be converted into screen coordinates.
Interpretation layer: Gesture recognition occurs in this layer. Each gesture has a starting point, end point and dynamic movement between the two points. A multi-touch system recognizes a multitude of gestures.
Layers of widgets: this layer generates the output of the gesture. Everything you pinch and zoom takes place in this layer.
In the case of Baanto's ShadowSense touch screen technology, shadows projected by an object onto the sensors built into the bezel are used to detect multi-touch gestures on our touch screen panels.
Up to 6 contact points are supported, as well as natural gestures like movies, punches and punctures. ShadowSense delivers stable, repeatable performance without missing ghosts or touch points.
A unique feature of ShadowSense touch screens is that their performance remains fluid as the number of touch points increases, as the technology works independently of the host CPU.
Implementations of multi-touch technologies
Over the years, as multi-touch technologies have matured, implementations have seen multiple factors of form. Apart from the phones and tablets the multi touch screens can be seen at:
Multi-touch frames: can be coupled with common monitors to convert the user interface into a touch screen.
Multi-touch tables: Desktop PCs, such as Microsoft SurfaceTM, fall into this category.
Multiple touch walls - often used in public spaces to create interactive experiences for several people.
Multi-touch monitors are typically found on laptops that come installed with touch-enabled operating systems such as Windows 8

Hi am geeta i would like to get details on multi touch technology seminar topic pdf and ppt ..My friend Justin said multi touch technology seminar topic pdf and ppt will be available here and now i am living at .. and i last studied in the college/school .. and now am doing ..i need help on ..etc

[-]
Quick Reply