Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
electrical energy management & audit

More Info About Energy management
Actually energy management system (EMS) is a system of computer-aided tools used by operators of electric utility grids to monitor, control, and optimize the performance of the generation and/or transmission system. The monitor and control functions are known as SCADA; the optimization packages are often referred to as "advanced applications".

The term computer technology is also referred to as SCADA/EMS or EMS/SCADA. In these respects, the terminology EMS then excludes the monitoring and control functions, but more specifically refers to the collective suite of power network applications and to the generation control and scheduling applications.

the company Manufacturers of EMS also commonly supply a corresponding dispatcher training simulator (DTS). This related technology makes use of components of SCADA and EMS as a training tool for control centre operators. It is also possible to acquire an independent DTS from a non-EMS source such as EPRI

refered by http://en.wikipediawiki/Energy_management_system

http://en.wikipediawiki/Energy_management_system

[attachment=6595]
INTRODUCTION TO ENERGY MANAGEMENT

ENERGY IN AN ORGANISATION

IS CONSUMED ACROSS ALL FUNCTIONS IN AN ORGANISATION
THUS, TRADITIONALLY, NO ONE MANAGER HAS HAD SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ORGANISATION S TOTAL INVOLVEMENT WITH ENERGY

GLOBAL/NATIONAL BENEFITS

immediate results
lower power plant capacity
reduced load shedding
reduced energy imports
lower foreign exchange needs
use of local equipment
job creation
lower inflation
reduced emissions/pollution
conservation of scarce/limited resources

sent me a power point presentation on "ELECTRICAL ENERGY MANAGEMENT & AUDIT". i want to give my seminar presentation from the help of this ppt. thanking you..