Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scilab mini projects

Distributed freely and open source through the Internet since 1994, Scilab is currently being
used in educational and industrial environments around the world.
Scilab includes hundreds of mathematical functions with the possibility to add interactively
functions from various languages (C, Fortran..). It has sophisticated data structures (including
lists, polynomials, rational functions, linear systems..), an interpreter and a high level
programming language.
Scilab has been designed to be an open system where the user can define new data types and
operations on these data types by using overloading.
A number of toolboxes are available with the system:
2-D and 3-D graphics, animation
Linear algebra, sparse matrices
Polynomials and rational functions
Simulation: ODE solver and DAE solver
Scicos: a hybrid dynamic systems modeler and simulator
Classic and robust control, LMI optimization
Differentiable and non-differentiable optimization
Signal processing
Metanet: graphs and networks
Parallel Scilab using PVM
Statistics
Interface with Computer Algebra (Maple, MuPAD)
Interface with Tcl/Tk
And a large number of contributions for various domains.
Scilab works on most Unix systems including GNU/Linux and on Windows
9X/NT/2000/XP. It comes with source code, on-line help and English user manuals. Binary
versions are available.
Some of its features are listed below:
Basic data type is a matrix, and all matrix operations are available as built-in operations.
Has a built-in interpreted high-level programming language.
Graphics such as 2D and 3D graphs can be generated and exported to various formats so
that they can be included into documents.

Scilab is an open source, cross-platform numerical computational package and a high-level, numerically oriented programming language. It can be used for signal processing, statistical analysis, image enhancement, fluid dynamics simulations, numerical optimization, and modeling, simulation of explicit and implicit dynamical systems and (if the corresponding toolbox is installed) symbolic manipulations.

Scilab is one of the two major open-source alternatives to MATLAB, the other one being GNU Octave. Scilab is similar enough to MATLAB that some book authors (who use it) argue that it is easy to transfer skills between the two systems. Scilab however puts less emphasis on (bidirectional) syntactic compatibility with MATLAB than Octave does.

Scilab is a high-level, numerically oriented programming language. The language provides an interpreted programming environment, with matrices as the main data type. By using matrix-based computation, dynamic typing, and automatic memory management, many numerical problems may be expressed in a reduced number of code lines, as compared to similar solutions using traditional languages, such as Fortran, C, or C++. This allows users to rapidly construct models for a range of mathematical problems. While the language provides simple matrix operations such as multiplication, the Scilab package also provides a library of high-level operations such as correlation and complex multidimensional arithmetic. The software can be used for signal processing, statistical analysis, image enhancement, fluid dynamics simulations, and numerical optimization.

Hi I am Vyshnavi. I would like to get details on scilab mini projects. My friend said scilab projects are available here and now i am living at Chennai. Now I am doing my engineering. My project's title is Employment Management System. I need help on it. I hope I can get this help soon.

Hi Im PRITHVI , and i need help regarding my project , which is based on SCILAB. My topic is Online banking and i require source codes for it. Please can you help me???

[-]
Quick Reply