Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart Fridge Tablet PC

Smart Fridge Tablet PC Ever forget what is in your fridge? I do it all the time. The current trend at least at the Somerset Stop&Shop where I go once a week they have these personal scanners you can take around the store and make checkout even easier by not having to empty your cart at checkout, just pay and go. My idea would be to take these scanners home and upload the receipt list from the store into a tablet PC w/ touchscreen. The beauty of it is that you could keep a running tally of everything in your fridge easily. As you nish things you scan the Universal Product Code (UPC) o of the list or manually check them o via touchscreen for items without UPCs. Once you have your initial shopping list, you could get the list of stu you need to re ll on demand. I could see it being a big item for FoodNetwork or other cooking programs. It would also appeal to people because they could use the PC to nd YouTube video recipes, keep their own recipes, program them so that when you select a recipe it automatically deducts the ingredients from the fridge/cupboard making keeping inventory even easier. I still haven t gured out the exact Wireless comm sys aspect of this but it would t somewhere.