Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance on internet

Insurance on Internet

ABSTRACT

The Insurance on Internet is a web-based enterprise application that automates all possible business functionalities of the insurance sector such as providing information catalog of various policy types to customers, applying for a new policy, providing information of the company s authorized agents, and providing alerts to the policy holders for the policy renewals. As this is a web application, it supports the company in increasing the profits by reaching more number of customers round the clock (i.e. 24X7).

The Insurance on Internet application proposed to be implemented for an insurance company should implement the services for four types of users like Administrators, Agents, Policy Holders and normal users. The services that this system should support for these users are summarized below:

This system should provide the administrator with the convenience such as adding a new agent, view and manage the information about the agents, view the following reports by day-wise, weekly, or monthly: Number of polices filed by a particular agent. Number of polices filed by a particular region. Number of polices approved from a particular region. Overall the agents performance

This system should help the agents by providing the details online and provides a facility to search the policy holder records based on various options like based on the type of policy, location of the customer. It should allow the agents to set alert messages to the policy holders for the renewals/ changes in the policy rules etc. The agents should be able to post news on to the notice board.

3.1 HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS

Processor : Intel Pentium IV 2.4 GHz.
RAM : 256 MB
Hard Disk : 40 GB and above

3.2 SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS

Operating System : Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server
Technologies : Java/J2EE (JDBC, Servlets, JSP)
Web Technologies : Html, JavaScript, CSS
Web Server : Tomcat 5.0
Database : Oracle 9i

Title of the project :Insurance on Internet
Objective/Vision
Objective is to automate all possible functionalities of the insurance sector by helping all stakeholders to use this web-based system. Obviously, company is looking for more profit, bigger market reach and 24X7 availability of services.
User of the System
A. Customers
B. Agents
C. Administrators
Functional Requirements
Web registration and profile management all policy holders (customers). Automated e-mail based confirmation.
Information Catalog and search facility for all available policies exportable in PDF format.
Insurance Premium calculator to provide details as the amount of premium, annually, quarterly etc.
Catalog and contact information about agents of your regions.
Agents can set alerts mails for the premiums due or news or important notices. All such formats should be available in advance.
Claims reporting and status enquiry
Add on new Policy, news, notice
Online Help to customers and training modules to agents
Customers grievance handling mechanism
. Basic and advance admin facilities like add/update Agents, backup/recovery of data, generating various reports etc.
Non-Functional Requirements
i. Secure access of confidential data (user s details). SSL can be used.
ii. 24 X 7 availability
ii. Better component design to get better performance at peak time
iv. Flexible service based architecture will be highly desirable for future extension
Optional Features
1. Java based client for Administrator
2. Resume maker for students
3. Customizable color scheme or skins
User Interface Priorities
A. Professional look and feel
B. Use of AJAX atleast with all registration forms
C. Browser testing and support for IE, NN, Mozila, and Firefox.
D. Use of Graphical tool like JASPER to show strategic data to admin
E. Reports exportable in .XLS, .PDF or any other desirable format

Hello,
since i have less knowledge about insurance, so i facing problem designing it..
please provide me this project ..
thanks in advance

i want the ppt ,dfd,use case diagram etc for this project ..need to rebuild my use case and dfd..