Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
issues faced by amul company

Amul is an Indian dairy cooperative, based at Anand in the state of Gujarat, India.

Formed in 1946, it is a brand managed by a cooperative body, the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF), which today is jointly ownned by 3.6 million milk producers in Gujarat.

Amul spurred India's White Revolution, which made the country the world's largest producer of milk and milk products. In the process Amul became the largest food brand in India and has ventured into markets overseas.

Dr Verghese Kurien, founder-chairman of the GCMMF for more than 30 years (1973 2006), is credited with the success of Amul.

Amul-operative registered on 14 December 1946 as a response to the exploitation of marginal milk producers by traders or agents of the only existing dairy, the Polson dairy, in the small city distances to deliver milk, which often went sour in summer, to Polson. The prices of milk were arbitrarily determined. Moreover, the government had given monopoly rights to Polson to collect milk from mikka and supply it to Bombay city.

Hi am sumit goel i would like to get details on issues face dby amul company. my friend kunal said issues faced by amul company will be available here and now i am living at new delhi and i last studied in the bharati vidhyapeetrh university and now am doing BBA and i nedd help on issues faced by amul company while establishing there business.

[-]
Quick Reply