Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hplc instrumentation ppt

Chromatography is a technique to separate mixtures of substances into their components on the basis of their molecular structure and molecular composition. This involves a stationary phase (a solid, or a liquid supported on a solid) and a mobile phase (a liquid or a gas). The mobile phase flows through the stationary phase and carries the components of the mixture with it. Sample components that display stronger interactions with the stationary phase will move more slowly through the column than components with weaker interactions. This difference in rates cause the separation of variuos components. Chromatographic separations can be carried out using a variety of stationary phases, including immobilized silica on glass plates (thin-layer chromatography), volatile gases (gas chromatography), paper (paper chromatography) and liquids (liquid chromatography).

High perfomance Liquid Chromatography

High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is basically a highly improved form of column liquid chromatography. Instead of a solvent being allowed to drip through a column under gravity, it is forced through under high pressures of up to 400 atmospheres. That makes it much faster. All chromatographic separations, including HPLC operate under the same basic principle; separation of a sample into its constituent parts because of the difference in the relative affinities of different molecules for the mobile phase and the stationary phase used in the separation.

please send me ppt of hplc ,this ppt help me in my study.