Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floating nuclear power stations

Floating nuclear power stations

term: are vessels projected by Rosatom that present self-contained, low-capacity, floating nuclear power plants. The stations are to be mass-built at shipbuilding facilities and then towed to the destination point in coastal waters near a city, a town or an industrial enterprise. Although the world's first floating nuclear power station was MH-1A, the Rosatom project represents the first mass production of that kind of vessels.

Fueling

The plant needs to be refueled every three years while saving up to 200,000 metric tons of coal and 100,000 tons of fuel oil a year. The reactors are supposed to have a lifespan of 40 years. Every 12 years the whole plant will be towed home and overhauled at the wharf where it was constructed. The disposal of the nuclear waste will be organized by the manufacturer and supported by the infrastructure of the Russian nuclear industry. Thus, virtually no radiation traces are expected at the place where the power station produced its energy

for more read this http://en.wikipediawiki/Russian_floating...er_station
http://nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article...d=10386870

Hi am abdul i would like to get details on floating nuclear power plant.
My friend Rashid tell me that all the data related to same topic can collect from here but i am unable to access to complete knowledge of same topic and i last studied in MJPRU and now i am going to deliver the seminar on same topic.
I need your extreme help of releted topic so please help me as early as possible.

A floating nuclear power plant is a site with one or more nuclear reactors, located on a platform at sea.

It is an autonomous site that can provide electricity and heat to areas with difficult access, such as the cold Northern territori