Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
artificial hand using embedded system abstract

artificial hand using embedded system abstract

Abstract

To propose a prototype of an artificial hand with 5 degrees of freedom with anthropomorphic characteristics and anthropometric dimensions. It a modular prosthesis that will be attached to different types of prosthesis and connectors. This work is based on the anatomical and biomechanical features and functions of the hand to perform grasping movements performed by the fingers. For this, methodological development is proposed, which determine the primary and secondary functions of the prototype. Furthermore, this methodology define the mechanical, electrical and electronic components that activate the hand movements, generating design alternatives from the creation of an overall scheme that is constituted of five stages: sensing, control, actuators, mechanisms and sourcing. The adaptation mechanism is a system of six links interlaced with joints of hinge type, similar to the proposed by Dechev [1]. As a result of this methodology, we obtained a prototype hand with 5 fingers, numbered I to V, with rigid mechanisms for achieving the flexion-extension movements of the fingers and also for the movement of the thenar prominence for opposition of the finger I with the other fingers. This prototype is a system that employs embedded systems to control the fingers. Each finger uses a different kind of actuators (servo, stepper motor and geared motor), also different controllers; this is because each one has not the same function in the hand.

The loss of hand function following an injury and amputation of arm can severely affects a person s quality of life .Artificial hand are used to mitigate the handicap . Ideally , any artificial hand should be capable of emulating the natural hand in terms of grasping and gripping objects of varying geometries and physical properties. However , despite many years of research , the most commonly used
prosthetic hand
is the
claw hook.
Recent technological advances and innovations have led to the development of sophisticated artificial hands but high costs and difficulties of control have limited the number of users who can benefit from these developments. More importantly , many of the artificial hands developed so far have failed to address the problems of achieving versatile grasp and grip. Our goal is to design and develop a low cost artificial hand that can be used to provide versatile grasp. It can be controlled by an
Embedded system .
Hre we have used the
hydraulic pumps
to provide strength to the prosthetic hand. The sensor provided in the hand senses the mechanical activities of the hand. As the muscle contracts
microcontroller
senses the potential , which gives exclusive command to the artificial hand for specified action.

Hi I am Aswathy..I am in need of the abstract of artificial hand using embedded system

i need base paper in iee format for artificial hand usin embedded systems