Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
manufacturing technology 2 book pdf by vijayaraghavan

UNIT I METAL CASTING PROCESSES

Sand casting Sand moulds - Type of patterns Pattern materials Pattern allowances Types of
Moulding sand Properties Core making Methods of Sand testing Moulding machines Types
of moulding machines - Melting furnaces Working principle of Special casting processes Shell
investment casting Ceramic mould Lost Wax process Pressure die casting Centrifugal casting
CO2 process Sand Casting defects.

UNIT II JOINING PROCESSES

Fusion welding processes Types of Gas welding Equipments used Flame characteristics Filler and Flux materials - Arc welding equipments - Electrodes Coating and specifications Principles of Resistance welding Spot/butt Seam Projection welding Percusion welding GS metal arc welding Flux cored Submerged arc welding Electro slag welding TIG welding Principle and application of special welding processes Plasma arc welding Thermit welding Electron beam welding Friction welding Diffusion welding Weld defects Brazing Soldering process Methods and process capabilities Filler materials and fluxes Types of Adhesive bonding.

UNIT II BULK DEFORMATION PROCESSES

Hot working and cold working of metals Forging processes Open impression and closed die forging Characteristics of the process Types of Forging Machines Typical forging operations Rolling of metals Types of Rolling mills Flat strip rolling Shape rolling operations Defects in rolled parts Principle of rod and wire drawing Tube drawing Principles of Extrusion Types of Extrusion Hot and Cold extrusion Equipments used.

UNIT IV SHEET METAL PROCESSES

Sheet metal characteristics Typical shearing operations Bending Drawing operations Stretch forming operations Formability of sheet metal Test methods Working principle and application of special forming processes Hydro forming Rubber pad forming Metal spinning Introduction to Explosive forming Magnetic pulse forming Peen forming Super plastic forming.

UNIT V MANUFACTURING OF PLASTIC COMPONENTS

Types of plastics Characteristics of the forming and shaping processes Moulding of
Thermoplastics Working principles and typical applications of Injection moulding Plunger and screw machines Compression moulding Transfer moulding Typical industrial applications Introduction to Blow moulding Rotational moulding Film blowing Extrusion Thermoforming Bonding of Thermoplastics.

PLS give me this book pdf.. I have exam on Friday.. my mail Id is [email protected]