Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
construction and working principle of ceiling fan download ppt

CEILING FAN OBJECTIVE : To study the working, construction And troubleshooting of Ceiling Fan
2. INTRODUCTION A ceiling fan is a device suspended from the ceiling of a room, which employs hub- mounted rotating paddles to circulate air. First electrically powered fan was invented in 1882 by Philip Diehl. Crompton Greaves Ltd is the leading manufacturer of fans.
3. PRINCIPLE If a current carrying conductor is placed in a magnetic field it experience a force and start to rotate. The direction of rotation can be found by Fleming s Left Hand Rule.
4. WORKING In a ceiling fan there is a single phase capacitor start and run motor. There is main (running ) winding and auxiliary (starting) winding in the fan. Starting winding has capacitor in its series. Due to this capacitor single phase is divided in two phase and a rotating magnetic field is produced and due to internal reaction motor start to rotate.
5. Schematic Circuit Diagram of Ceiling Fan & Regulator Connection
6. CONSTRUCTION
7. KEY COMPONENTS 1. Electric Motor Capacitor Start & Run, rated at 230V,50Hz 2. Blades Usually made of Aluminum sheets, 120 degree and normally 3-4 blades 3. Blade Flanges 4. Canopy/Switch Cup 5. Suspension/Down rod 6. Ball Bearing 7. Terminal Box (L,N & E)
8. Fan Regulator
9. TROUBLESHOOTING CHART
10. TESTING OF EARTH FAULT Make the arrangement as per circuit diagram and see the light effect of bulb- If bulb gives light: There is earth fault i.e. leakage of current in the metallic part of fan body. Check and remove it before using. If bulb gives no light: No earth fault i.e. no leakage of current in the body of fan.
11. PRECAUTIONS Before hanging fan all testing should be done properly. Fan s body (metallic part) should be earthed . Nut bolt should be tighten correctly. Locking pin should be used. Connection should not be lose.

I m vivek iwould like to get pdf of working construction of cieling fan

[-]
Quick Reply