Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lte handover matlab code

lte handover matlab code

With Long Term Evolution (LTE), the pros most definitely outweigh the cons. This new and improved network will provide faster speeds and handle the ever-increasing data demands. Note every user, however, is ready for LTE. Both 3G and 2G networks are still in wide use and LTE must find a way to work with both, dealing with the handover that may arise.

There are many ways to handle this LTE handover. According to Artiza Networks, handover procedure, when working correctly, should reduce the interruption time, less than the circuit-switched handover in 2G networks, and it is an important function for LTE eNB. There are multiple LTE handover procedures to be tested, shown below. LTE eNB must implement handover procedure inside E-UTRAN (Inter eNB/Intra eNB) and also between legacy Radio Access Technologies (RAT) like UMTS.

Intra E-UTRAN Handover is used to hand over a UE from a source eNodeB to a target eNodeB using X2 when the MME is unchanged. In the scenario described here Serving GW is also unchanged. The presence of IP connectivity between the Serving GW and the source eNodeB, as well as between the Serving GW and the target eNodeB is assumed.

The intra E-UTRAN HO in RRC_CONNECTED state is UE assisted NW controlled HO, with HO preparation signalling in E-UTRAN.

To prepare the HO, the source eNB passes all necessary information to the target eNB (e.g. E-RAB attributes and RRC context) and UE accesses the target cell via RACH following a contention-free procedure using a dedicated RACH preamble.

The HO procedure is performed without EPC involvement, i.e. preparation messages are directly exchanged between the eNBs.

hello dear .
am looking for matlab code for handover in LTE , please help me , it is for my graduation project .
thanks you .