Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sample impression seminars workshop for sch heads

Print Voice Sample
This was my impression speech at the first Association of Colleges and Local Universities - Region 3 from 11 to 12 May 2012, held at the Shanghai Palace Restaurant in Angeles City, Pampanga. It had a theme, Restrengthening the local subsystem of universities in the quest for excellence.

I hope this could serve as your guide when you were asked to do some kind of this speech in time. Feel free to use this material if you wish. Enjoy! Thank you!

Distinguished guests, colleagues, friends, fellow educators, ladies and gentlemen, a blessed afternoon.

I am really sure that everyone is grateful to be given the opportunity to participate in the first Assembly ALCU Region 3 - seeing how young people and students from each college and university of this association.

With the ALCU's primary drive to improve the quality of education, research and extension of its partner schools and to give value to public tertiary education, especially to poor and disadvantaged young people, I can proudly say that the current generation Is in good hands.

This assembly also allows us to meet our fellow educators, school administrators, and education enthusiasts in whom we could share valuable insights and inputs that we could use to strengthen our school and together for professional growth.

In my case, I was able to meet old friends whom I did not find for a long time and be able to meet a handful of new acquaintances - for me that served a good purpose.

With its airy and well-lit venue, with meals and snacks served with much palate and satisfaction, coupled with the invaluable packages of today's seminars and sessions, participants could find no reason to leave the room and miss an event. However, it could have been much better and happier if there were more participants from each member college not only to increase spending but also to build larger and larger networks and links.

This two-day seminar / assembly also meets the needs of each university to improve some areas of research, faculty development, curriculum and instruction, and much more. It is also a good point that this includes trends, problems and concerns that are truly timely to meet the needs of our stakeholders as well as the demands and challenges of the 21st century.

In fact, this assembly has fulfilled its purpose of helping each participating university to re-equip and reinforce its areas and maintain a quality higher education.

To the organizers, members and participants, congratulations.

Thank you and God bless you all!

sample impression seminar workshop for sch heads

The Department of Education in collaboration with Lovely Professional University (LPU), Jalandhar, organised a Leadership Workshop for Tibetan School Heads from 11-12 September at the University.

A total number of 34 School Heads attended the workshop. The program aims to bring focus on the changing paradigm and perspectives of learning, the critical issues for academic excellence, effective leadership, classroom management, and instructional supervision.

On 13 September, a conference was held to determine measures to improve the standard of education and administration of Tibetan schools. It was presided by Kalon Ngodup Tsering, Secretary Nawang Rabgyal, Joint Secretary Ms. Chemi Tseyang, and STSS Director Mr. Karma Chungdak. The significance of Teacher Professional Development and the improvement of teacher quality among primary and pre-primary Tibetan schools were placed high on the agenda during the session.

Kalon Ngodup Tsering reiterated the importance of education and emphasized that irrespective of various designations and positions that the participants hold in their respective schools, the ultimate goal is for the benefit of the Tibetan students. He urged the participants to imbibe what they had learned from the workshop and self-assess its use and modify accordingly for their school s context.

Following the speech by Kalon, Mr. Karma Chungdak gave a presentation on Basic Education Policy. Mr. Dhargyal, an English teacher from TCV Suja, also gave a presentation on Teacher Professional Development (TPD) and Dr. Mati s research work on Tibetan Education System Assessment .

Kalon Ngodup Tsering also had an interaction with Tibetan students at LPU. He reminded the students of their primary purpose of coming at the university. He also suggested the students to form a Tibetan student association so as to help one another especially during the admission process, to create a sense of oneness among the Tibetan students, and to engage in cultural shows and events at the university to spread the awareness of Tibetan culture.

Ms. Chemi Tseyang explained in detail about the DoE scholarship to the students.

The two-day workshop and the conference were funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (Canada).