Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
applying voltage in abaqus

Can anyone please help with the Piezoelectric actuator modelling in ABAQUS?

1) I am going to measure the mechanical displacements caused by the electrical load (constant electrical voltage) in a cantilever laminate with incorporated piezoelectric actuator patches polarized through thickness (Z direction). I considered the laminate is thin, taking into account the plane stress rather than the plane strain. I assigned shell section to both laminate and piezoelectric patches in ABAQUS section assignment. Considering through-thickness polarization, I selected e311 and e322 in ABAQUS material assignment section. is my selection correct or I should choose plane strain with d311 and d322?

2) In ABAQUS load assignment module/electrical loads tap, there are three options including a)point charge, b) surface charge, c) body charge. I selected body charge and entered the magnitude of constant applied electrical voltage in the related body charge window. is my selection correct or I should consider other options? In my explicit analytical modelling, I didn't face such problem before.

3) In ABAQUS mesh module/element control section, I assigned ABAQUS standard element-C3D20E to the piezoelectric actuator patches and shell element to the laminate. Should I change my selection? Should I choose the same element type for both laminate and piezoelectric patches?

Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

This example demonstrates the Abaqus capability for predicting the nonlinear transient dynamic behavior of structural systems that incorporate piezoelectric components. It utilizes a piezoelectric bending-type transducer that is idealized as a simple layered beam structure. The fabrication of the transducer is modeled, and the eigenfrequencies of the preloaded structure are extracted.

Hi am amirhosein i would like to get details on applying dc voltage in abaqus .

[-]
Quick Reply