Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
manufacturing technology 2 by vijayaraghavan

We are pleased to bring out our first edition of Manufacturing Technology II for Engineering and Technology studies. This book is written to serve the needs of under graduate students embarking introductory course in manufacturing technology II. This book is crafted to meet the requirement of revised syllabus prescribed by the Anna University effective from Nov. 2014 for 4th Semester Mechanical Engineering students of its affiliated colleges.
Unit 1 deal with material removal processes, types of machine tools, theory of metal cutting, chip formation, orthogonal metal cutting, cutting tool materials, tool wear, tool life, surface finish, cutting fluids. In addition to these, solved problems are added in theory of metal cutting and tool life.
Unit 2 has an in depth dealing of centre lathe with its constructional features, cutting tools, lathe operations, taper turning methods, thread cutting methods, special attachments, machining time and power estimation. Capstan and turret lathes, semi-automatic and automatic lathes are also discussed.
Unit 3 deals with types, construction, working principle, and operations to be performed of various machine tools such as shaper, and Milling machine. This unit also discusses gear cutting, and gear generation principles and finishing of gears.
Abrasive processes in which grinding wheel, specifications and selection, types of grinding process, honing, lapping, super finishing, polishing and buffing, abrasive jet grinding are discussed in first part of this Unit 4. Types, construction, working principle, and operations to be performed on broaching machine are discussed in second part of this unit.
Numerical control (NC) machine tools, CNC, Part programming fundamentals, manual programming, computer assisted part programming, micromachining, and wafer machining are elaborately treated in Unit 5.
Important problems and Anna University solved problems have been added under chapter 1 and chapter 2 which will enable the students to score high marks in the university examinations. In addition to this, two mark questions and answers are added at the tail end of each unit.
Each unit contains two mark questions and answers, review questions. Model question papers are added at the tail end of this book.
With these features, we sincerely hope that this book would serve as a valuable text for the students.

Though effects have been taken to ensure zero flaw content, we do recognize that mistakes may have inadvertently crept in. We welcome constructive criticism on any specific topics of this book.

UNIT I METAL CASTING PROCESSES

Sand casting Sand moulds - Type of patterns Pattern materials Pattern allowances Types of
Moulding sand Properties Core making Methods of Sand testing Moulding machines Types
of moulding machines - Melting furnaces Working principle of Special casting processes Shell
investment casting Ceramic mould Lost Wax process Pressure die casting Centrifugal casting
CO2 process Sand Casting defects.

UNIT II JOINING PROCESSES

Fusion welding processes Types of Gas welding Equipments used Flame characteristics Filler and Flux materials - Arc welding equipments - Electrodes Coating and specifications Principles of Resistance welding Spot/butt Seam Projection welding Percusion welding GS metal arc welding Flux cored Submerged arc welding Electro slag welding TIG welding Principle and application of special welding processes Plasma arc welding Thermit welding Electron beam welding Friction welding Diffusion welding Weld defects Brazing Soldering process Methods and process capabilities Filler materials and fluxes Types of Adhesive bonding.

UNIT II BULK DEFORMATION PROCESSES

Hot working and cold working of metals Forging processes Open impression and closed die forging Characteristics of the process Types of Forging Machines Typical forging operations Rolling of metals Types of Rolling mills Flat strip rolling Shape rolling operations Defects in rolled parts Principle of rod and wire drawing Tube drawing Principles of Extrusion Types of Extrusion Hot and Cold extrusion Equipments used.

UNIT IV SHEET METAL PROCESSES

Sheet metal characteristics Typical shearing operations Bending Drawing operations Stretch forming operations Formability of sheet metal Test methods Working principle and application of special forming processes Hydro forming Rubber pad forming Metal spinning Introduction to Explosive forming Magnetic pulse forming Peen forming Super plastic forming.

UNIT V MANUFACTURING OF PLASTIC COMPONENTS

Types of plastics Characteristics of the forming and shaping processes Moulding of
Thermoplastics Working principles and typical applications of Injection moulding Plunger and screw machines Compression moulding Transfer moulding Typical industrial applications Introduction to Blow moulding Rotational moulding Film blowing Extrusion Thermoforming Bonding of Thermoplastics.

Manufacturing technology provides the tools that enable production of all manufactured goods. These master tools of industry magnify the effort of individual workers and give an industrial nation the power to turn raw materials into the affordable, quality goods essential to today s society. In short, we make modern life possible.

Manufacturing technology provides the productive tools that power a growing, stable economy and a rising standard of living. These tools create the means to provide an effective national defense. They make possible modern communications, affordable agricultural products, efficient transportation, innovative medical procedures, space exploration.. and the everyday conveniences we take for granted.

Production tools include machine tools and other related equipment and their accessories and tooling. Machine tools are non-portable, power-driven manufacturing machinery and systems used to perform specific operations on man-made materials to produce durable goods or components. Related technologies include Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) as well as assembly and test systems to create a final product or subassembly.

Cellular Manufacturing
Super Flexible Elastomeric Coupling
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
Single-Minute Exchange of Die (SMED)
Procurement or purchasing
Quarry-based manufacturing
Regression Applications and Forecasting in Engineering
Virtual Interface Technology
Fieldbus control system
Computer Integrated Manufacturing
Friction Stir Welding
Computer-aided manufacturing (CAM)
Lubricant-free plastic plain bearing for heavy-duty pivoting applications
3-Axis and 5-Axis Machining of Mold Plates
American system of manufacturing
Modern Lean Thinking in Solid Dosage Manufacturing
Cellular manufacturing
Load leveling using mixed-model scheduling
Craft production
British/ English system of manufacturing
Mass production and Batch production
Automated factory models within virtual environments
Job production
Just In Time manufacturing
Toyota Production System
Lean production
Theories of production -Taylorism
Lean Human Resources
Virtual reality applications in manufacturing systems design
Computer-aided manufacturing
Production equipment control

GIVE ME HOW DO DOWNLOAD MANUFCTURING TECHNOLOGY 2 BOOK DOWNLOAD,,PLEASE SIR
SIR SENT ME MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY 2 PDF..MAIL ID ;[email protected]

I REQUEST YOU TO
GIVE A COPY OF MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY 2 BY VIJAYARAGAVAN.MY EMAIL ID IS [email protected]

I need the books pages as any format.
Please send to my mail I'd [email protected]
Its a sincere request

sir, send me manufacturing technology-2 ppts to my mail [email protected]