Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
introduction of supply chain management of amul

Amul is a dairy cooperative based in the district of Anand in Gujarat, India. The word amul is derived from the Sanskrit word amulya, which means invaluable. The cooperative was initially called Anand Milk Federation Union Limited and, therefore, the name AMUL. What interests me to write this is an article about Amul is that it is an organisation that achieves economies of scale through its simple supply chain while thriving to redistribute wealth in society and create many opportunities for rural and more Weak from India.

Initially, producers had to travel long distances to deliver milk to the only dairy, the Polson Dairy in Anand - milk often became sour, especially in the summer season, as producers had to physically carry milk in Containers. These agents decided the prices and the withdrawal of the farmers in the season. In winter, the producer was left with the surplus unsold milk or had to sell it at very low prices.

For reference :

http://ww.slideshare.net/strategian/supp...management

sir i want supply chain report on amul so that i will be able to complete my research work. i will b very thankful to you.