Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
turbine technology in car

Gas Turbine Technology
Introduction :
This article studies gas turbine technology and
determine whether this technology is applicable in the automotive industry. The gas turbine is viable source for rotational energy. Some applications include Jet Engine in a
Fighter-Jet, the Turbo-Prop Engine and the Turbofan Engine in commercial planes. the gas turbine engine by design
operates strictly with rotational energy. the gas turbine
engine is more thermodynamically efficient than the internal combustion piston engine. Today s automobiles operate with about
15% mechanical efficiency, and about 35% thermal efficiency . 38% thermal efficiency can be provided by gas turbine engines. gas turbines produce fewer carbon monoxide emissions than the
internal combustion piston engine.

the Gas Turbine Engine

the gas turbine has two sets of blades; compressor blades
and turbine blades, both of these sets are normally situated on one
shaft. The compressor blades take in air and bring the air to high pressure. It then then enters into a continuous combustion chamber, mixes with fuel from the combustion chamber the high- temperature, high-pressure gas-mixture is directed towards the turbine blades.

Gas Turbines in the Automotive Industry (The Chrysler Experiment)
the Chrysler Corporation disclosed the
successful development and road testing of the turbine-driven Plymouth sport coupe.

for details, refer this pdf:
http://meengineerdocuments/gasturbineonthenet.pdf[/i]

hi
i am zijo zchariah studying in Babaria inst of tech i would like to know the details of the turbine technology in car.

Hi,
visit this thread for more details on this topic:
http://seminarsprojects.net/Thread-turbi...ogy-in-car

hey..can anyone post more info reagrdin this topic..very urgent.."Turbine Technology In Car"