Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Friend Locator

Abstract
According to festival visitors, the best way to experience a music festival is to be together with friends. However, when at a crowded festival, visitors tend to lose each other especially when a lot of people are in motion. This paper reports upon findings made in an ethnographic field study that was carried out during Sweden s largest music event, the Hultsfred Rock Festival. The study was part of an international research and development project, called the Wireless Festival, which focuses on solutions for large-scale events. The aim of our study was to determine who the typical visitor to the festival was, identify what was important for festival visitors and finally to observe the visitors use of mobile phones. Our findings imply the festival visitors need for a friend locator appliance. An early design solution for such appliance is discussed in relation to the findings made.

for more:
http://portal.acmcitation.cfm?id=1113422

hey dudu i m also im search of seminar on The Friend Locator..please help me out if have got any information..pls this is a request..

please give me full details of seminar topic "The Friend Locator"