Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
design and fabrication of welding slag cleaning machine

design and fabrication of welding slag cleaning machine

Abstract : Welding slag is a form of slag or vitreous material produced as a byproduct of some arc welding processes, most specifically Shielded metal arc welding , Submerged arc welding, and Flux-cored arc welding.Slag is the leftover remains of the weld process that is a result of the flux having done its job. Slag is formed from the flux, decomposing into either a shielding gas, or deoxidizers, which form molten compounds that cover the weld while it cools to prevent oxidation of the freshly formed weld. (Welding flux is a combination of carbonate and silicate materials used in welding processes to shield the weld from atmospheric gases. When the heat of the weld zone reaches the flux, the flux melts and out gasses. The gases produced push the atmospheric gas back, preventing oxidation. ) Slag is great for protecting the weld while it cools, but once it has done its job, it has to be removed before the next pass. So, there are many ways to remove welding slag, but the most common method in years past was with a Chipping Hammer. But chipping hammer can damage the weld face leaving tiny marks where the weld can fail. The chipping hammer is great for general purpose welding, when combined with a wire brush, results are generally good. .hence there is need of a special purpose
machine to remove slag from welded components.

Welding is the process of joining of two materials by using filler rod, while joining the materials the high amount of heat is generated in welding surface, so oxidation can take place over the job, in order to prevent the oxidation the flux material is coated over the welded area.

This flux coating is removed while send to the job for next operation like machining, painting etc, but it a terries process to clean the flux manually, and it need huge amount of skilled labor, in order to avoid that welding slag cleaning machine is used. This machine has a circular wire brush which is mounted over the shaft; this shaft is connected with electric motor.

The job is hold in the fixture, this fixture setup is moved by rack and pinion arrangement ,so by this too and fro motion job will move front and back against the job ,so job will automatically cleaned easily.

To get full information or details of design and fabrication of welding slag cleaning machine please have a look on the pages

http://iosrjournalsiosr-jmce/papers/vol11-issue4/Version-1/L011416871.pdf

if you again feel trouble on design and fabrication of welding slag cleaning machine please reply in that page and ask specific fields in design and fabrication of welding slag cleaning machine

i am Mohamed i would liketo get details on design and fabrication of welding slag cleaning machine ..My friend Justin said design and fabrication of welding slag cleaning machine will be available here andnow i am living at .. and i last studied in the college/school .. and now am doing ..i needhelp on ..etc

SIR ..MY NAME IS MOHAMED SHAFFY.I NEED FULL DETAILS ABOUT THIS PROJECT FABRICATION OF WELDING SLAG CLEANING MACHINE..PLEASE SEND ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOR MY FINAL YEAR PROJECT

I NEED THIS ARTICLE so iwant to know the complete theory of welding slag cleaning machine .. further my team select this is a final year project

Hi am Mohamed i would like to get details on design and fabrication of welding slag cleaning machine

sir i want autocad design of this machine till tomorrow,plzz help

sir i want design of machine in autocad till tomorrow plzz help