Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ppt for underground cable fault distance locator project for final year student

ppt for underground cable fault distance locator project for final year student

This paper proposes fault location model for underground power cable using microcontroller. The aim of this project is to determine the distance of underground cable fault from base station in kilometers. This project uses the simple concept of ohm s law.When any fault like short circuit occurs, voltage drop will vary depending on the length of fault in cable,since the current varies. A set of resistors are therefore used to represent the cable and a dc voltage is fed at one end and the fault is detected by detecting the change in voltage using a analog to voltage converter and a microcontroller is used to make the necessary calculations so that the fault distance is displayed on the LCD display. The project is intended to detect the location of a fault in underground cable lines from the base station in kilometers.In the urban areas, the electrical cables run underground instead of running overhead. Whenever any fault occurs within the underground cable, it becomes difficult to detect the exact location of the fault for the process of repairing that particular cable. The proposed system finds the point of the exact location of the fault.The project uses the standard concept of Ohms law, i.e., when a low DC voltage is applied at the feeder end through a series resistor (Cable lines), then the current would vary depending upon the location of the short circuit fault in the cable.This system uses a microcontroller of the 8051 family and a rectified power supply. Here, the current sensing circuit in combination with the resistors is interfaced to the microcontroller with the help of an ADC device for representing the cable length in Km. The fault creation is made by a set of switches. The relays are controlled by a relay driver IC, which is used to check the cable line. The 16x2 LCD display connected to the microcontroller is used to display the information.In case of a short circuit (Line to Ground), the voltage across the series resistors changes accordingly. It is then fed to an ADC to develop the precise digital data which is directed to the programmed microcontroller of the 8051 family in order to display the same in kilometers.The project in future can be implemented by using a capacitor in an AC circuit to measure the impedance which can even locate the open circuited cable.

To get full information or details of ppt for underground cable fault distance locator project for final year student please have a look on the pages

http://seminarsprojects.net/Thread-ppt-f...ent?page=8

if you again feel trouble on ppt for underground cable fault distance locator project for final year student please reply in that page and ask specific fields in ppt for underground cable fault distance locator project for final year student

i am the student of electrical department..so i need a full detail and plus your possible help to make UNDERGROUND CABLE DEFAULT DISTANCE LOCATOR..MY email address is [email protected].

i am the student of electrical department..so i need full detail and plus your possible help to make UNDERGROUND CABLE DEFAULT DISTANCE LOCATOR..MY email address is [email protected].

(02-06-2013, 05:31 AM)[email protected] Wrote:
(01-12-2013, 04:29 AM)Guest Wrote: i want under ground cable fault detactor ppt

(10-25-2013, 09:42 AM)[email protected] Wrote:

(07-17-2013, 01:07 PM)Guest Wrote: Hello sir,
I want to make Cable Fault Distance Locator project in my last sem. of diploma engg. .
So please help me to give some detail and circuit diagram and source code for MC8051. Pleade i need your help.
My email id is [email protected]

Respected sir
I want to do the project under underground cable fault detection using arduino so i kindly request you to send the base paper, circuit diagram,appratus needed,block diagram,and procedure to my mail..
so please help me to done my project sir..
My email id: [email protected]

(01-12-2013, 04:29 AM)Guest Wrote: i want under ground cable fault detactor ppt

i want ppt of under ground fault distance locator
i want ppt of under ground fault distance locator

Hello sir,
I want to make Underground Cable Fault Distance Locator project in this sem. of engg. .
So please help me to give some detail and circuit diagram and source code for MC8051. Pleade i need your help.
My email id is [email protected] OR [email protected]

(10-25-2013, 09:42 AM)[email protected] Wrote:

Hello sir,
I want to make Underground Cable Fault Distance Locator project in my last sem. of diploma engg. .
My email id is [email protected]