Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touchscreen based advanced home automation system for next generation apartments

System and method for home automation and security
A home automation and security system is described in which a home automation and security controller in a customer's home is coupled with a remotely located central control facility using a continuous connectivity access line providing a data channel besides a separate a voice channel.y programming an in-house device, a user controls the operation of appliances connected to the system, like turning on a light at a specific time. This device also can monitor sensors located throughout the house and can sound an alarm or phone a monitoring agency when the sensors are triggered. Some advanced systems offer a remote-access feature allowing the user to access the in-house device through the telephone.

Conventional home automation and security systems have many disadvantages like a much restricting and simple user interface. Some systems incorporate, or provide a connection to, a device comparable to a personal computer. But their high cost limits their wide-spread use. Another disadvantage is that changing built-in control programs typically requires a change to the in-house equipment itself . using the remote-access feature of the conventional systems interferes with normal use of the home telephone.
In the present systems, the continuous connectivity access line is supported by data-over-voice (DOV) modems or a Digital Subscriber Line (xDSL).the network-based structure of this home automation and security system overcomes the disadvantages of conventional home automation and security systems.The customer premises comprises a home automation and security controller , a telephone , and a user-interface controller. The application determines what the user will see on the display 610 and hear over the speaker . The application interprets all user inputs, button presses, touch-screen contacts and spoken commands.The application also can be accessed from a location remote from the customer premises

full report:
[attachment=1147]

hi revathigayu
read this page http://seminarsprojects.net/Thread-touch...apartments in that page information about Touchscreen based advanced home automation system for next generation apartments added ,if you want again more information/specific details then please relply (with details) in that page , hope our friends may add their thought to help you

i hope you enjoyed it
if yes,i welcomes you to participate in this seminars/project forum discussions for helping other students issues Best Wishes

Please send me details about the above topic for my mini project work. If you send that details it will be a good motivation for my project work. Thank you.