Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
download loon baloon ppt

download loon baloon ppt

Project Loon is a research and development project being developed by Google X with the mission of providing Internet access to rural and remote areas. The project uses high-altitude balloons placed in the stratosphere at an altitude of about 18 km (11 mi) to create an aerial wireless network with up to 4G-LTE speeds.[1][2][3][4] It was named Project Loon, since Google itself found the very idea of providing internet access to the remaining 5 billion population unprecedented and "crazy."The balloons are maneuvered by adjusting their altitude in the stratosphere to float to a wind layer after identifying the wind layer with the desired speed and direction using wind data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Users of the service connect to the balloon network using a special Internet antenna attached to their building. The signal travels through the balloon network from balloon to balloon, then to a ground-based station connected to an Internet service provider (ISP), then onto the global Internet. The system aims to bring Internet access to remote and rural areas poorly served by existing provisions, and to improve communication during natural disasters to affected regions.[5][6] Key people involved in the project include Rich DeVaul, chief technical architect, who is also an expert on wearable technology; Mike Cassidy, a project leader; and Cyrus Behroozi, a networking and telecommunication lead.Loons shall use patch antennas which are directional antennas to transmit signals to ground stations or LTE users. Some smartphones with google SIM cards can use Google internet services. The whole infrastructure is based on LTE in which eNodeB is carried in the balloon which will travel across the globe and connect to users and EPC network.

Google's Project Loon [1] was launched in 2013 with the aim of providing Internet access to rural and remote areas. In the Loon network, balloons travel around the Earth and bring access points to the users who cannot connect directly to the global wired Internet. The signals from the users will be transmitted through the balloon network to the base stations connected to the Internet service provider (ISP) on Earth. The process of transmitting and receiving data consume a certain amount of energy from the balloon, while the energy on balloons cannot be supplied by stable power source or by replacing batteries frequently. Instead, the balloons can harvest energy from natural energy sources, e.g., solar energy, or from radio frequency energy by equipping with appropriate circuits. However, such kinds of energy sources are often dynamic and thus how to use this energy efficiently is the main goal of this paper. In this paper, we study the optimal energy allocation problem for the balloons such that network performance is optimized and the revenue for service providers is maximized. We first formulate the stochastic optimization problem as a Markov decision process and then apply a learning algorithm based on simulation-based method to obtain optimal policies for the balloons. Numerical results obtained by extensive simulations clearly show the efficiency and convergence of the proposed learning algorithm.

please get me this presentation. i need this for my final year seminars, it will be very usefyl if u do this for mr,
thank u for doing the same
do the needful
i will be highly obliged if u do this for me