Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Distribution System

PDS evolved as a major instrument of the Government s economic policy for ensuring availability of foodgrains to the public at affordable prices as well as for enhancing the food security for the poor. It is an important constituent of the strategy for poverty eradication and is intended to serve as a safety net for the poor whose number is more than 330 million and are nutritionally at risk. PDS with a network of about 4.78 lakh Fair Price Shops (FPS) is perhaps the largest distribution network of its type in the world.

PDS is operated under the joint responsibility of the Central and the State Governments. The Central Government has taken the responsibility for procurement, storage, transportation and bulk allocation of foodgrains, etc. The responsibility for distributing the same to the consumers through the network of Fair Price Shops (FPSs) rests with the State Governments. The operational responsibilities including allocation within the State, identification of families below poverty line, issue of ration cards, supervision and monitoring the functioning of FPSs rest with the State Governments.

This proposed project is used for maintaing the public distribution system more efficiently.There are 3 modules Admin,Distributor and Customer.It includes the billing system,post complaints,editing and adding new items.Customers are in 3 levels APL,BPL and Antyodaya.When registration of a customer is confirmed by admin , the quantities allowed for that family is also confirmed based on conditions.

Hello,
I am Karan Singh persuing my BTech from D.C.E.I decided to develope the project "Public Distribution System" for my final year project.I do not know about project details.I want to complete description about project.Please tell me about number of modules,database that will create,windows form degine etc.Now I want to start the project.If it possible provide some tutorials for my projects.I shall br thankful for this act upon kind.
Regards,
Karan Singh

For More Info About Public Distribution System

http://seminarsprojects.net/Thread-publi...ion-system