Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ppt of dc motor speed control using pid controller

ppt of dc motor speed control using pid controller

The development of high performance motor drives is very important in industrial as well as other purpose applications. Generally, a high performance motor drive system must have good dynamic speed command tracking and load regulating response. The dc motors are used in various applications such as defense, industries, Robotics etc. DC drives, because of their simplicity, ease of application, reliability and favorable cost have long been a backbone of industrial applications. The project provides the efficient and simple method to control speed of DC motor using ATMEGA16 microcontroller and L298N motor driver IC.

With the use of ATMEGA16 and l298N we can drive the dc motor at desired speed having a feedback loop and in this project we have used proportional integral and derivative method in which errors are not only solved but also taken to its minimal value with very low amount of error oscillations.
PROPORTIONAL CONTROL:
The proportional part of PID examines the magnitude of the error and it reacts proportionally. A large error receives a large response
INTEGRAL CONTROL:
To address the first issue with the proportional control, integral control attempts to correct small error (offset).
DERIVATIVE CONTROL:
The derivative part of the control output attempts to look at the rate of change in the error signal. Derivative will cause a greater system response to a rapid rate of change than to a small rate of change.
WORKING OF PROJECT
First the speed of the dc motor connected is set with the help of a variable resistance of 10k which is connected to A0 pin which works as ADC port in the microcontroller. As the controller gets the speed set by the user it starts counting the pulse which it is getting from a CMOS sensor and on the basis of that it measures the current speed of motor.After that the user entered speed and the current speed of the motor is compared and the difference is calculated as error and in accordance to that error the pwm signal given to the L298n IC for driving motor through microcontroller is varied.
First of all IC L298N is used to drive the motor in which two pins are used as output for the motor driving and the enable pin in the IC is supplied by the PWM signals from the microcontroller ATMEGA16. By supplying high to the enable1 pin on the IC L298N the IC provides the 12V supply to the motor so by varying the signal to the enable pin we can easily vary the speed of the motor. By increasing the time of on period in the duty cycle of PWM signal the speed of the motor can be increased and vice versa.
Now as shown in the circuit diagram above ENA is connected with pin19 of the microcontroller which serves as the output pin for the internal PWM function of the ATMEGA16. Internal PWM of the microcontroller is used because it does not generate any delay in the execution of code of program whereas if PWM is generated in programming is used than it may cause delay in execution. A 10K potentiometer is connected to port A pin A.1 which serves as a ADC port and by varying the value of resistance the value of supply given to the pin A.1 varies smoothly between 0 to 5V and therefore it works as input speed of the motor. Now when power supply is switched on user has to set a desired speed using potentiometer and after getting the speed from user motor starts rotating. As rotating disc is connected to the shaft of the motor it will work as tachometer with the combination of CMOS sensor. There are 24 holes in the disc which allows the rays to pass through it in the CMOS sensor and the sensor is connected to the pin B.0 which works as the counter i.e. whenever it receives high signal it increments its counter value by 1 and therefore we get to know how many number of holes have been pass through the sensor in a particular time period.
Now by simply using the formula written in program the number of counts is converted into the rotation per minute of the motor. That rpm value is stored in a variable and that variable is now compared with the user set speed.The difference we got is counted as error and from now onwards PID calculation starts in the program.
Error = Set_rpm - Feedback_rpm
This is the proportional error which is the direct error that we got from the subtraction of the set rpm value and feedback rpm value.
H = Error * Dt
I_error = I_error + H
This is the integral error part in which previous errors are also added to minimize the error in the actual quantity and take the actual value to the true value or required value.
I = Error - Previous_error
D_error = I / Dt
This is the derivative error which is used to decrease the oscillations in the value of the speed of the motor.
J = P_gain * Error
K = I_gain * I_error
L = D_gain * D_error
M = J + K
Otpt = M + L
Now all three errors are multiplied by their gain constants which are set manually with motor characteristics and testing on motor. Now by adding all three errors we got the actual error quantity which is used to get the smooth speed control over motor.
Onn = Onn + Otpt
Onn is the variable which stores the value of on time period in the PWM signals generated by the microcontroller and hence by varying this variable we can vary the PWM signal generated by the microcontroller.
If Onn > 254 Then
Onn = 254
End If
Compare1a = Onn
Here if speed is maximum or tries to reach over its maximum value than onn has given the 254 value which indicates 100% on time period in PWM signals otherwise it is compared with the PWM signals i.e. it changes the on period of the PWM signal in accordance with the difference in onn and previous time period.Therefore the PWM signal varies and the speed of the motor varies and tries to reach the value set by the user and tries to dominate the error value and gives us the precise controlling over the motor.

Sir,
I am AMARJEET RANJAN Ihave to submit project report on ppt of dc motor speed control using pid controller[/font]

I am AMARJEET RANJAN Ihave to submit project report on ppt of dc motor speed control using pid controller[/font]

[size=medium i whant ppt on speed controll of dc motor[/size]