Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interview question for a diploma civil engineer freshers

Civil Engineering Questions and Answers

1. What are the causes of building collapse?
The PAssage of time is a reason. Buildings also collapse due to weak foundations. Earthquakes, hurricanes and other natural disasters can also damage the structure of buildings and cause them to collapse. The bombing or the demolition of buildings are also other reasons.

2. What are the applications of the modulus of elasticity?
The modulus of elasticity refers to the elasticity or "flexibility" of a material. The value of the modulus of elasticity is very significant in relation to the deflection of certain materials used in the construction industry. For example, the general The value of E soft carbon steel is approximately 200 GPA conPAred at approximately 70 GPA for aluminum. This simply translates that aluminum is 3 times more flexible than steel.

3. How is the concrete measured?
Cubic feet, Cubic yards

4. What is the strongest solid steel rod or hollow steel pipe?
On a per pound basis, the steel pipe is stronger in flexion and is less likely to buckle in axial compression.

5. What is added?
Aggregate is the component of a composite material used to withstand the compressive stress.

6. How is the power of a centrifugal pump calculated?
The power input, ie the power required to operate the pump must be indicated in HP (power) on the pump nameplate. It can also be calculated using the three-phase power equation:
P (in Hp) = VI (1.7c) = Rated voltage x Rated current x 1.73 /% Efficiency
If it is a consumption-grade pump operating at 120Vac, then the equation becomes P = VI, simply multiply the operating voltage, 120x current (which is the number followed by the letter "A"). The power If you have the brand, model and (not necessarily necessary) serial number (also on the nameplate), you can call the manufacturer Customer Service Dept. As an application engineer, I I have put in contact with countless manufacturers ??, and service dept for assistance.It is now great thing for them, they will be happy to answer your questions.

7. What is the rig?
In sailing, the ropes used to move the sails around so that the boat moves in the right direction when the wind blows.

8. What is absolute pressure?
The absolute pressure is simply the addition of the observed measurement pressure plus the local atmospheric pressure value.

9. How do we calculate the absolute pressure?
Absolute equals gauge pressure plus atmospheric pressure.

10. What is the flow of gravity?
The gravity flow is fluid flowing due to gravitational forces only and not to a head applied pressure. In the Bernoulli equation, the pressure term is omitted, and the terms of height and velocity are the only ones included.

11. What do you mean by concrete honeycomb?
Some people call it an air bag in the concrete or a void. It is the exposed course added on the surface of the concrete without covering with the mortar or surrounding the aggregate particles.

12. What is the purpose of the gap in the road on this bridge?
The purpose of the gap in the road is to allow the road to exPAnd and contract with temperature changes without causing damage or deformation to the road.

13. What is a projection line?
The projection line is the way the earth is shown on a piece of flat paper.

14. What are the moment of inertia and its importance in civil engineering?
The moment of inertia measures the opposition that any kind of body will have in front of a certain impulse (along that same axis) trying to turn that body.

15. What is the absolute pressure scale?
The absolute pressure is calculated from a vacuum (0 PSI) and the atmospheric pressure is 14.7 PSIa or 14.7 PSI above a 1PSI vacuum in a tire pressure meter is called 1PSIg = 15.7PSIa 10PSIg = 24.7PSI to 100PSIg = 114.7PSIa, etc.

16. What is the diversion tunnel in a dam?

When a dam is to be built, a diversion tunnel is usually drilled through a solid rock next to the site of the dam to pass to the construction of the dam. The dam is built as the river flows through the diversion tunnel.

17. How to maintain water pressure?
If you have water pressure and want to maintain it, do not cause flow in the line, which will reduce the pressure due to friction. To maintain pressure, reduce friction by increasing line size or eliminating some other restriction.

18. What are some structures that may be subject to fatigue?
Bridges, hydraulic presses, burner trains

19. Why does the pressure under the floor increase?
The soil pressure increases with depth due to the overload or own weight of the soil and due to the loads imposed on the soil.
For example, the pressure variation below the soil depth is linear and the ratio is given by the pressure = unit wt * depth. As the depth increases, there will be a linear increase in soil pressure.

20. What is the distance between the railways?
4 feet, 8 1/2 inches.

[b] [/b]Hi am manju i would like to get details on interview question for a diploma civil engineer freshers ..My friend Justin said interview question for a diploma civil engineer freshers will be available here and now i am living at hebbal and i last studied in the college AK polytechnic and now am try to get job i need help thanks.

[-]
Quick Reply