Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
funny welcome speech for juniors

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to raise a toast to all the new faces in here. New faces that we don t know till now but would wish to know. The
same new
faces that once belonged to us an year ago. The same new faces that, over ashort period of time, will no more be, 'NEW' faces. But
faces they are now to us, and yes new faces.
Well, I speak on behalf of all the second year students here. Just a few lines of how we all feel at this juncture. Here I go.
Newness or novelty has been intriguing and fascinating to man since the Neanderthal times. Novelty for us is excitement and
exuberance, surprise and science, cheerfulness and joy, hope and happiness, boldness and buoyancy, positive ness and passion. But
men as we all are, novelty to us also means risk, unfamiliarity, uncertainty, fear, doubt and disturbance.

In the same token, the old and the established stands for the familiar and comfortable , knowledgeable and therefore able ,
mature and
therefore trustworthy , rugged and therefore reliable. But all this goes with accusations of stagnation and staleness , out
-of-date and
outmoded ness and the slow and the stumped'.

What I wish to express using all the adjectives that I used is that these new faces in here, our juniors for the coming year
, represent to us
the same hope and challenge as new players in a cricket team or new twists in a good story. And we, as seniors,should ideally be the
matured bunch, a bunch of guys and gals they could trust and depend upon.
Together, we can make a terrific team. You, a brand new Ferrari and we, the sparking black, Ford Model T.
So, I, on behalf of all the old faces here, welcome the new faces with open hands, open minds and above all, OPEN HEARTS.

Funniest opening line I ve heard? Usually, in stand-up the funniest lines come from something cogent to the room at that time. Meaning, it s some sort of comment that relates directly to something that has happened before or is noticeable by all in the room. But, I ll tell you the funniest line I can remember.

A stand-up show in a small bar and pizza place. There s stain-glassed windows and the bathrooms look like sex dungeons. It s dusk, so around seven o clock in Seattle during the summer. Watching the show are a collection of average Seattlites, meaning muted colors, denim, etc. However, at the front of the room, next to the stage is this family of obvious visitors. All beautiful and blonde and the father was wearing a red polo shirt with a golf visor and khaki shorts. Obviously out-of-towners not normal to the scene.

The comic gets to the stage and says, When I was sixteen this is exactly how I pictured what my thirties would be like, stain-glassed pizza bars, homicide bathrooms, and some vague father figure disappointed in me.

hello i am haiqa and i need to give a sooech at the start of the welcome speech for 9th graders.
it should also have a little humor and i need help regarding what to mention and what to not.

Hi am manahil
i would like to get details on funny welcome speech for juniors

[-]
Quick Reply