Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maximum power tracking control of wind energy conversion system using matrixconverte

more about maximum power tracking control of wind energy conversion system using matrixconverter

Abstract

This paper focuses on maximum wind power extraction for a wind energy conversion system composed of a wind turbine, a squirrel-cage induction generator, and a matrix converter. At a given wind velocity, the mechanical power available from a wind turbine is a function of its shaft speed. In order to track maximum power, the matrix converter (MC) adjusts the induction generator terminal frequency, and thus, the turbine shaft speed. The MC also adjusts the reactive power transfer at the grid interface towards voltage regulation or power factor correction. A Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) algorithm is included in the control system. Conclusions about the effectiveness of the proposed scheme are supported by analysis and simulation results.

refered by :
ISSN: 1932-5517
Print ISBN: 978-1-4244-1905-0
INSPEC Accession Number: 10141883
Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/PES.2008.4596060

i am saravanan . i will doing project under application of matrix converter using wind energy conversion system .. i know some basic idea of matrix converter .. i dont know how it can be used in wind energy conversion systems..as i want some modelling of matrix converter in MATLAB SIMULINK
Thanking you