Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to make a working model of drip irrigation system for school

Water is a constant on any gardener s mind. If you re ready to take your first stab at organic gardening, be thinking about how you ll water your plants before that garden is even a twinkle in your eye. Vegetable gardens need about 1 inch of water each week. That s about a tuna fish can full, for every little bit of soil surface. Which, depending on the size of your garden, can be a lot! Gardeners take many approaches to getting their plants watered, which we ll cover shortly. For now, there are some hard and fast rules about the right way to water, and things you should consider before you get started on your gardening adventure.
When siting your garden, get as close to a water source as possible.
Measure rainfall with a can, or a proper rain gauge, available at local garden centers.
Water regularly, but no need to water every day. (However, young seedlings, germinating seeds, and new transplants will require more attention.)
Water deeply at least once weekly, provided you haven t received adequate rainfall.
Water early in the morning if possible, to avoid damp leaves at nightfall. This will help with slug issues, disease pressure, and will avoid loss of your water via transpiration in the hottest part of the day.
Water at the base of your plants, with a soaker hose, watering wand, or drip irrigation. Avoid watering overhead, which will soak the leaves of the plants instead of the roots, risking transpiration of the water you ve added, and lending to a generally inefficient watering.
Remember that a drought-stressed plant is more susceptible to weed, disease, and insect pest pressure.
Take a look at keyline design when planning your garden. Keyline design takes into account topography when assessing the watering needs of gardens and farms to make best use of water resources, and increase soil fertility.

How to make drip irrigation model?

Best Answer: In order to construct a drip irrigation system, you need a length of 0.5 in PVC pipe. All you then need to do is glue the PVC cap onto one end of the pipe and let it dry out. The best place to purchase these types of things is at any good hardware store.

So, when you have gone out and got the necessary materials, you will need on the other end to stick and glue on the threaded fitting. You will ideally want a female fitting in order for you to fix on the male end of your water hose into it.
You will then need to take a small drill. If you have one that is great but if you do not own one you can borrow one or either go to a hardware store or a DIY store to buy a small electrical one.

Take the drill and drill bit by bit a number of tiny pin sized small holes into your pipe. One hole should be no more than every 10 - 12 inches apart, this should be pretty effective.

Once you have drilled the little holes you will be good to go with your very homemade and extremely cost effective drip irrigation system. All there remains to be done is to screw in your water hose and switch it on. A drip system can be installed so it is placed into each of your flower beds and buried deep in the soil or just place it wherever you wish but spread apart.

how to make a working model of drip irrigation system for school

Drip irrigation -Students project
Today our school 8th standard students completed their project on Drip irrigation.
While they were learning about the types of irrigation in Geography, i explained them about the types of irrigation and the usage of them. Then i suggest them to do a project on drip irrigation for our school garden.As we have no gardener in our school, the plants are suffered without water supply in holidays. So this drip irrigation fulfill the water scarcity .It controls water evaporation ,water directly reaches the roots, plants will grow well due to continuous water supply.

Dear All
I have to submit a drip irrigation project in 10 days. I want to make a simple working model with charts which is supposed to be low cost.Please advise immediately.

i want to make a model on drip irrigation and that too in 3d. standard should be that of class 10 and it should be working

i need to make drip irrigation system for my science exhibition.cam you give information by 12.1.16 .
thank you

please help me make working model of drip irrigation system model for my school project.