Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ERD Model

Got an assignment due in couple days and for some reason ERD is not sinking in. Would appreciate help getting started with following:

CPT 242
ERD Assignment 1
This assignment can be found below. The ERD should fit onto 1 page. Use Word, Visio or Powerpoint to
draw the ERD you will be turning into the instructor.
Use the Chen or Crow s Foot model. We'll mainly use the CHEN model throughout the course. Your
textbook uses both the Chen and Crow's Foot model. Certainly it would be to your advantage to
understand both as you may work in a shop which uses the Crow's Foot model. Thus, when you go
through the text, pay attention to both examples provided by the authors. When you've completed your
ERD, save it as a file called ERD1_YourInitialsHere.doc or ppt Send it through the dropbox. Add any
comments you'd like to the message.
Bob s taxi management company provides management services to several independent taxi companies
in a large city. You have been asked to create a database to help manage these companies fleet of cars
and drivers. Given the following business rules, create the appropriate ER Diagram for each of the
specified relationships. NOTE: This should be one diagram, not a separate one for each business rule.
You must include all relationships, connectivity and cardinalities
A taxicab company can own up to 10 cabs
To maximize profit 2 drivers may be assigned to each taxi.
Each driver is only assigned to one taxi
Each of the taxis may or may not (yet) have a maintenance record
Each of the drivers may or may not have a driving history

An entity relationship model (ER model) describes inter-related things of interest in a specific domain of knowledge. An ER model is composed of entity types (which classify the things of interest) and specifies relationships that can exist between instances of those entity types.
In software engineering an ER model is commonly formed to represent things that a business needs to remember in order to perform business processes. Consequently, the ER model becomes an abstract data model that defines a data or information structure that can be implemented in a database, typically a relational database.

well gee that helped me so much NOT! Sorry I asked gues everyone on this site was born knowing everything that's great all of us weren't that lucky. At least I won't waste my time anymore here. Everyone have a wonderful d. NOT