Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
download file on which factors internal resistance and emf of a cell depend

Internal resistance of a cell: The opposition offered by the electrolyte of the cell to the flow of electric current through it is called internal resistance of the cell.

Factors affecting the internal resistance of a cell:

I) The greater the separation between the electrodes of the cell, the longer the electrolyte through which the current has to flow and, consequently, a higher value of the internal resistance

Ii) The higher the conductivity of the electrolyte, the lower the internal resistance of the cell. That is, the internal resistance depends on the nature of the electrolyte.

Iii) The internal resistance of a cell is inversely proportional to the common area of the electrodes that immerse in the electrolyte.

Iv) iv) The internal resistance of a cell depends on the nature of the electrodes.RE rI IE = V + v= IR + Ir= I (R + r) I = E / (R + r) This relation is called circuit equation. V.

[*][attachment=1129]

[*]Terminal voltage

The voltage output of a device measured through its terminals.

electromotive force

(EMF) -The voltage generated by a battery or by magnetic force according to Faraday's Law. It is measured in units of volts, not newtons, and therefore, not really a force.

potential difference

The potential energy difference between two points in an electric field; The difference in load between two points in an electric circuit; Voltage

The emf of a cell is the total potential difference that it can produce around the circuit, including any potential wasted in driving current through the cell itself.

The internal resistance of a cell is simply the resistance from one terminal of the cell to the other.

I like to download for my project workI like to download this project for my project seminar..this website is best for projects and is extremely trustworthy..

[-]
Quick Reply