Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
welding residual stress ansys tutorial

welding residual stress ansys tutorial

Structural Integrity Associates, Inc. designs and analyzes weld overlays on nuclear power plant piping to mitigate the effects of corrosion phenomenon or wall-loss mechanisms, such as stress corrosion cracking and flow-accelerated corrosion. The engineering team has developed a streamlined process in ANSYS to accurately predict the weld induced residual stresses for 2D and 3D simulations. This presentation describes the methodology and technical approach implemented in the simulation process, which will be followed by a short demonstration of the workflow.

Dear Sir:

I am facing problem in welding simulation in ANSYS.

I have been doing sequential coupled thermo-mechanical analysis in Ansys.

I have done the transient thermal analysis and got the correct temperature distribution.

However, i am facing a problem in calculating the residual stresses.

I would be extremely thankful, if you would forward me simple tutorial for calculating

residual stresses during welding in ansys using sequential coupled thermo-mechanical analysis.

Best Regards

hi Some one give me example of finding residual stress in welding ..in ANys ..i did thermo mechanical welding ..but its representing stress field ..and i wanna know stresses are induced in the part even after the load iis removed some one give me an example ..of any process simulation ..of finding residual stress ..I only use Anys APDL ..Ansy workbench is fine too ,..please be elaborate ..or proceedin steps to find residual after doin thermo mech model