Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
matlab code outdoor scene segmentation

Abstract: In this paper, we propose a computational model of the recognition of real world scenes that bypasses the segmentation and the processing of individual objects or regions. The procedure is based on a very low dimensional representation of the scene, that we term the Spatial Envelope. We propose a set of perceptual dimensions (naturalness, openness, roughness, expansion, ruggedness) that represent the dominant spatial structure of a scene. Then, we show that these dimensions may be reliably estimated using spectral and coarsely localized information. The model generates a multidimensional space in which scenes sharing membership in semantic categories (e.g., streets, highways, coasts) are projected closed together. The performance of the spatial envelope model shows that specific information about object shape or identity is not a requirement for scene categorization and that modeling a holistic representation of the scene informs about its probable semantic category.

This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under CAREER Grant No. 0546262. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.

Hi am Rabia i would like to get details on matlab code outdoor scene segmentation ..My friend said matlab code outdoor scene segmentation will be available here and now i am living at islamabad Pakistan. And I am student of ms-cs doing my thesis in outdoor scene segmentation. I need your help. thanks

[-]
Quick Reply