Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ramakrishna math spoken english material free download

This handbook answers some of the needs of the many people who have to deal with
spoken mathematics, yet have insufficient background to know the correct verbal expression
for the written symbolic one. Mathematical material is primarily presented visually, and when
this material is presented orally, it can be ambiguous. While the parsing of a written expression
is clear and well-defined, when it is spoken this clarity may disappear. For example, One plus
two over three plus OW" can represent the following four numbers, depending on the parsing
of the expression: 3/7, 1 2/7, 5, 5 2j3. However, when the corresponding written expression is
seen, there is little doubt which of the four numbers it represents. When reading mathematics
orally, such problems are frequently encountered. Of course, the written expression may always
be read symbol by symbol, but if the expression is long or there are a cluster of expressions,
it can be very tedious and hard to understand. Thus, whenever possible, one wishes to
have the written expression spoken in a way that is interest retaining and easy to understand.
In an attempt to alleviate problems such as these, this handbook has been compiled to
establish some consistent and well-defined ways of uttering mathematical expressions so that
listeners will receive clear, unambiguous, and well-pronounced representations of the subject.
Some of the people who will benefit from this handbook are: 1) those who read mathernatics
orally and have insufficient background in the subject, and their listeners; 2) those interested
in voice synthesis for the computer, particularly those who deal with spoken symbolic expressions;
and 3) those technical writers and transcribers who may need to verbalize mathematics.
This edition of the handbook is a working one, and it is hoped that the people who use it
will add to and refine it. The choice of material and its ordering are my own preferences, and,
as such, they reflect my biases. A goal of the handbook is to establish a standard where no
standard has existed, so far as I know. However, this standard represents only one of many
possibilities. As a blind person, I have learned mathematics by means of others reading the
material to me; so my preferences are a result of direct experience.
This handbook is organized as follows: In Section I1 the various types of alphabets used in
mathematics are listed. Section II lists the basic symbols used in mathematics, along with their
verbalizations. Sections IV-Xi list the expressions used in some of the more common branches
of mathematics, along with their verbalizations. Section XI1 contains some suggestions on how
to and how not to describe diagrams. To use this handbook efficiently, it is suggested that you look over Sections I1 and II on
alphabets and basic symbols. Next, establish which section most closely relates to the subject
matter at hand. There may also be material in other sections that you can use if you cannot
find what you need in the related section. In many sections, more than one choice for a given
expression is offered to the user. Once the choice has been made. the reader should use it
consistently throughout the text. If you encounter an expression that is not included in the
guide, read the expression literally, that is, read it from left to right, symbol by symbol.
For those who are interested in speech synthesis and speech recognition for the computer,
this handbook may provide some basic ideas and suggestions regarding the formulation of
spoken mathematics. With speech synthesis, when the computer reads a file containing many
mathematical expressions, the speech synthesizer will speak the expressions symbol by symbol.
As we have pointed out before, this process can be tedious and hard to understand. A
program that could translate the mathematical expressions from the symbol to symbol form
into a spoken form that is more intelligible can ease the task for those who use synthetic
speech. On the other hand, if one wishes to communicate mathematical expressions to the
computer by voice, a program that will translate spoken expressions of mathematics into
written expressions with the correct parsing is essential. This handbook provides a basis for
writing these programs, both for speech synthesis and voice recognition, by giving examples of
written mathematical expressions followed by the word for word spoken form of the same
expressions. An example where these ideas are of particular relevance is the voice input and
output of computer programs that manipulate symbolic expressions, because both the input
and output of the program are mathematical expressions.
I would like to thank the Office of Equal Opportunity of the Lawrence Livermore National
Laboratory for their support in bringing this handbook into fruition. Thanks also go to my wife
for her untiring help and to my friends and colleagues at the Lab for their assistance.

Spoken English Cource Details

The Institute teaches Spoken English at four levels - Basic, Junior, Senior and Advanced.

The Spoken English course is designed to help the students in learning English language giving more emphasis to speaking skills. New students are placed in the Basic or Junior levels based on their performance in the classification test at the time of admission. Emphasis is placed on the development of the Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing skills along with a knowledge of grammar. Enthusiastic participation in classroom activities is an indispensable part of the learning process. The textbook supplied by the Institute is designed for that purpose. 40% of the final evaluation is based on the student's performance in the classroom activities.

Basic level syllabus
The Basic level is for those students who are very poor in English. The objective of this level is to gradually develop their LSRW skills through the communicative approach of teaching and learning. The textbook, which contains a large number of passages and dialogues, is especially designed to develop the learner's confidence and speaking ability through interactive lessons on: Introductions, activity based grammar practice of Simple Tenses, descriptions of people, places, things, processes, and day-to-day conversations. On completion of the Basic level students will be able to participate in conversations and understand instructions which will enable them to join the Junior level of the course.

Junior level syllabus
Speeches, Group discussion, Story telling, Description, and Conversation practice for certain situations. Reading of passages from the textbook, Letter writing and Punctuation. Parts of speech, Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs, Tenses, Prepositions, Adjectives, Articles, Construction of sentences, Types of sentences, Types of questions, Framing questions, Common mistakes in English.

Senior level syllabus
Debates, Role play, Group discussions, Arguments, Story telling, Picture description. Tenses (revision), Transitive, Intransitive verbs, Active/Passive voice, Direct/Indirect Speech, Degrees of comparison, Transformation of sentences, Common mistakes in English. Practice of phonetic transcription - Vowel and Consonant symbols.

Advanced level syllabus
Conversation Practice, Debates, Creative stories, One-act plays, Art of Public Speaking. Reading from the contemporary Novels, Plays and Newspaper. Paragraph writing, Essay writing, Dialogue writing, Critical writing, Creative writing, Story writing, Stylistic problems that appear in grammar. Prepositional phrase, Structure of a sentence, Syntax, Conjunctions, Simple, Compound, Complex Sentence, synthesis and Analysis of sentences, functions of Adverbs and Adjectives, Non-finite Verbs - Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Word formation - Stress, Intonation, Transcription of words.

Spoken English Cource Details

The Institute teaches Spoken English at four levels - Basic, Junior, Senior and Advanced.

The Spoken English course is designed to help the students in learning English language giving more emphasis to speaking skills. New students are placed in the Basic or Junior levels based on their performance in the classification test at the time of admission. Emphasis is placed on the development of the Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing skills along with a knowledge of grammar. Enthusiastic participation in classroom activities is an indispensable part of the learning process. The textbook supplied by the Institute is designed for that purpose. 40% of the final evaluation is based on the student's performance in the classroom activities.

Basic level syllabus
The Basic level is for those students who are very poor in English. The objective of this level is to gradually develop their LSRW skills through the communicative approach of teaching and learning. The textbook, which contains a large number of passages and dialogues, is especially designed to develop the learner's confidence and speaking ability through interactive lessons on: Introductions, activity based grammar practice of Simple Tenses, descriptions of people, places, things, processes, and day-to-day conversations. On completion of the Basic level students will be able to participate in conversations and understand instructions which will enable them to join the Junior level of the course.

Junior level syllabus
Speeches, Group discussion, Story telling, Description, and Conversation practice for certain situations. Reading of passages from the textbook, Letter writing and Punctuation. Parts of speech, Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs, Tenses, Prepositions, Adjectives, Articles, Construction of sentences, Types of sentences, Types of questions, Framing questions, Common mistakes in English.

Senior level syllabus
Debates, Role play, Group discussions, Arguments, Story telling, Picture description. Tenses (revision), Transitive, Intransitive verbs, Active/Passive voice, Direct/Indirect Speech, Degrees of comparison, Transformation of sentences, Common mistakes in English. Practice of phonetic transcription - Vowel and Consonant symbols.

Advanced level syllabus
Conversation Practice, Debates, Creative stories, One-act plays, Art of Public Speaking. Reading from the contemporary Novels, Plays and Newspaper. Paragraph writing, Essay writing, Dialogue writing, Critical writing, Creative writing, Story writing, Stylistic problems that appear in grammar. Prepositional phrase, Structure of a sentence, Syntax, Conjunctions, Simple, Compound, Complex Sentence, synthesis and Analysis of sentences, functions of Adverbs and Adjectives, Non-finite Verbs - Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Word formation - Stress, Intonation, Transcription of words.

Basic level syllabus

Junior level syllabus

Senior level syllabus

Advanced level syllabus

It is a foremost a religious monastic order and considered to be part of the Hindu reform movement. Ramakrishna Math was set up by Swami Vivekananda to follow the teachings of Sri Ramakrishna. The Math is headquartered at Belur Math, it also has Advaita Ashrama branches at Mayavati, near Almora and in Kolkata. The organization has number of centres in India and abroad. You can find Ramakrishna Math in India at Andra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Jammu & Kashmir, Delhi, Gujarat and Jharkhand, among others. Its centres are also present in various foreign countries, which include United States of America, South Africa, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom and others. Ramakrishna math in Hyderabad was established in 1922 and the present site covers an area of eight acres and is quite extensive. It was given to the Math on lease for 99 years by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
The organization was built by Sri Ramakrishna, the great 19th century saint of Bengal, who is today regarded as the prophet of the modern age. Ramakrishna Math is a monastic organization for men and sets in motion a non-sectarian and universal spiritual movement. The organization came into existence in the year 1904. The centre was initially known as Ramakrishna Mission Institute which was later changed to Ramakrishna Ashrama in 1910.
In April 1999, the Ashram was renamed as Ramakrishna Math . The emblem of Ramakrishna Math was designed by Swami Vivekananda. The emblem symbolizes harmony and synthesis for reverential meditation in this present age of conflict and disharmony.
Services of Ramakrishna Math Hyderabad

The Ashram s library has about 18,000 titles and a good collection of spiritual discourses on CDs. Apart from general books, the library has an exhaustive collection on Hinduism, Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Literature, Life & Work of Great Saints, Literature on Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Philosophy, Social Sciences, Psychology & Mental Science, Literature, Ayurveda & other Alternative Medicine, World History & Indian History, Biographies of Saints, Sages, Freedom fighters, and Great Scientists and Great Personalities of the world.
The Ashram conducts regular Spiritual Retreats. As a part of their charitable service around 150-200 poor and needy person are fed daily lunch. The Ashram also runs a Bala Narayana Seva, where financially challenged kids are given free nutritious breakfast and are also taught good samskaras or habits. Through their program called Sarada Vidya Dana Kendram children up to standard X are given free tuitions every day. Apart from the studies the children are taught good samskaras (habits and attitudes) for their general personal development.
For Ramakrishna math Hyderabad address look up their website rkmath.org .

Concerned about the gradual erosion of moral and spiritual values in every sphere of life and activity, Ramakrishna Math, Hyderabad, felt the urgent need for starting an institute to impart the age-old cherished ideals and values aimed at providing, what the great patriot-monk Swami Vivekananda had said, life-building, man-making, character-making and nation-building', education and training.

The result is the establishment of the Vivekananda Institute of Human Excellence in the holy precincts of the Ramakrishna Math, Hyderabad, which was inaugurated by Srimat Swami Ranganathanandaji Maharaj, then President, Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, on 10 September 2000.

The chief aim of the Institute is to instill faith in oneself and impart nobler values of life and life-giving strength, to raise individuals to higher levels of strength and felicity with spiritual, moral, ethical and eternal values of personality development and human excellence. Various programmes are intended for the aspirants coming from different cross sections of society, like the youth, students, teachers, employees of Government departments, public sector undertakings, corporate bodies and professionals like engineers, doctors and others.

Last Week downloads: 28Total downloads: 179,780Rank: 14 in Language & Translation
Last Updated: Jan 30, 2013License: Shareware N/A OS: Windows XP/2000/98/Me/NTRequirements: No special requirements Publisher: 2tion Online Services Pvt Ltd (4 more Applications)
screenshotview larger (1)
User reviews
2 out of 5 based on 271 ratings for Spoken English 2.0
Average user rating:
Current ratingYour rating:
Current rating
For Spoken English 2.0Publisher's description
Advertisement
Spoken English is a Home & Education software developed by 2tion Online Services Pvt Ltd. After our trial and test, the software is proved to be official, secure and free. Here is the official description for Spoken English:

EditByBSEditor: Many people say that English is the hardest language to learn if you were not born in a primarily English speaking home. Two skill areas must be emphasized if you want to learn to speak English fluently. The first is memory (which is involved in both vocabulary and syntax) and the second is prosponses (which are involved in both pronunciation and syntax). you can free download Spoken English 2.0 now.

i request you to please help to me, i want develop my language skill. i'm a tamil medium student, basically i hesitate to sppeak to others. i try to speak in english but i'm very shy. because my speak way is correct or wrong. i'm very feel about that. so i'm daily search the internet so many apps and searches but not satisfied. so i will go to any coching centers in spoken english but economicaly problem because i'm a middle class. i studied at the same time i worked in part time job. so i'm suffered many way. kindly please help to me. Thank you sir.

Annual Convocation of the Vivekananda Institute of Languages, Ramakrishna Math, Hyderabad was held on the birthday of Swami Vivekananda. Many successful students from the 3 batches of the previous academic year were awarded with the certificate of proficiency in respective languages. A student is sharing the experiences with the intensive training of the institute.

To get full information or details of ramakrishna math spoken english material free download please have a look on the pages

http://rkmathlanguages

if you again feel trouble on ramakrishna math spoken english material free download please reply in that page and ask specific fields in ramakrishna math spoken english material free download