Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airbus Industrial Visit report

[attachment=559]
As an integral and compulsory part of the biomedical engineering or materials course,all of us students in the second year had to on an industrial visit which lasted four days altogether. We visited a variety of companies, ranging from Airbus, the aircraft wing manufacturer in Filton to Poole Pottery in Bournemouth. This industrial visit
provided an insight on how companies (big and small companies) work and also useful information related to the course which can not be visualised in lectures, such as the mechanical testing machines used in Bodycote which we learnt about but never saw in the smaller university lab. However this did not seem quite obvious at the
beginning of the trip. Personally, at the start I thought that the whole visit was going to be a waste of time, given that exams are approaching and with so much work to do. However I was in for a surprise in that it turned out to be a very good experience and a lot of fun which I would have regretted if I missed. So this is how we spent the time
for the trip

[-]
Quick Reply